July 16, 2013

Successful Rulership 101: Keeping People In Poverty And Ignorance

"Interviewer: Do you really think this miseducation policy is conscious?

Robert Anton Wilson: I don't know, but I'll tell you my guess. My best guess is they're following the same policy that Muhammad the Great followed in India, this is not the founder of Islam. Muhammad the Great was the one who conquered India for the Muslims. And he deliberately reduced the Hindus to illiteracy and poverty cause he figured poor, ignorant people are easier to govern. The English did the same thing in Ireland in the 16th, 17th, 18th centuries. They forbade the speaking of Gaelic, they forbade the Irish to own horses or guns, or any farm bigger than one acre, and to educate their children. Then they found the Irish were sending their children to France to get educated so they amended the law making it a crime to educate an Irish child in Ireland or out of Ireland. So Muhammad the Great can think that way, and the great British Empire can think that way, I don't find it at all extravagant to believe George W. Bush and his co-conspirators are thinking that way. They're doing everything they can to make this country as stupid as possible. I don't think they're doing it because they're stupid. I agree with J.R. "Bob" Dobbs about that. Praise "Bob." J.R. "Bob" Dobbs is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of the Church of the SubGenius. He says the two most common errors in America are the belief that the politicians are dumb and that they mean well. I don't think they're dumb at all, and I certainly don't think they mean well. But they want us to be as dumb as possible. That's what I believe. I don't believe it fervently or dogmatically, but that's my best guess. It's been done not only by Muhammad the Great, but the English, it's been done by all sorts of conquering groups. Hell, you don't want the people you conquer to be too smart, and you certainly don't want them armed." - Robert Anton Wilson, from "TSOG Tsarist Occupational Government."