"Iran’s Rouhani wishes Jews blessed Rosh Hashanah" by Laura Rozen, Al-Monitor, September 4, 2013. Excerpt:
In stunning contrast to his Holocaust denying predecessor, Iran’s new President Hassan Rouhani on Wednesday sent well wishes to the Jewish people on the occasion of Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year, which begins at sundown.How the lousy MSM in the U.S. will spin this:
“Not even under the monarchy do we remember such a message,” Haleh Esfandiari, the Iranian-born scholar who heads the Middle East program at the Woodrow Willson International Center, said of the message.
Rouhani’s well wishes to the Jewish people come as the Iranian mission at the United Nations confirmed to Al-Monitor that he will travel to New York later this month to address the United Nations General Assembly and participate in a disarmament meeting.
Rouhani is scheduled to address the General Assembly on the afternoon of September 24th, the same day that US President Obama will address the body in the morning.
1) Say it is only a tweet, and not an official statement from Iran's supreme leader.
2) Ignore it.
3) Say that there is a difference between rhetoric and policy (there is actually some credibility to this point of view).
4) Bring up the former holocaust-denying president at every opportunity.
5) What the hell is Rosh Hashanah? Who cares if Iran's president wishes Jews a good time on this holiday since even Jews don't know what it is.
6) Rouhani? Who's that? Look over there, Assad is gassing his own people! Get him!