July 23, 2012

No Man is an Island - John Donne's Meditation XVII

This video was made by the YouTube user "aprater210." It includes passages of John Donne's "Meditation XVII." Here is an excerpt:
"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."
Explanation of the video by aprater210:
"Two of my best friends and I made this video last year. We used a style called stop motion photography which is basically a bunch of pictures put together, which ends up looking like a movie. We used about 3500 pictures, crazy! I know! It is visually representing some major phrases in John Donne's Meditation XVII. I would encourage you to read the passage if you get a chance. We are stressing the interconnectedness of humans and using Relay for Life as a prime representation of just that. I hpe you enjoy! Let me know what you think! :)"



John Donne - No Man Is An Island - Elton John