December 15, 2010

No escape from Sauron’s ever-watching eye

No escape from Sauron’s ever-watching eye
By Technofascism Blog
Published: December 10, 2010

“A giant, lidless eye that never sleeps, ever watchful” that is how Sauron’s surveillance system was described in the Lord of the Rings. And it’s the image that comes to my mind whenever someone advises me to flee the encroaching technofascism in the US.

Time and again people say to me, “Flee the U.S. fascist state before it comes crashing down around you. Seek safe haven in the Philippines, New Zealand, etc. (insert your favorite paradise of choice)” I’ll admit that whenever I hear about what’s happening in airports and cities across the country, I’m very tempted to seek greener pastures in some far off promised land but, unfortunately, after I do a bit of research, I always come to the same horrifying conclusion: the days of fleeing to somewhere “outside” the technofascist system are, alas, no more.

Continued. . .