September 17, 2010

David DeGraw: Word from the Watchtower: A Hard Rain is Going to Fall — Introduction to “The Road Through 2012: Revolution or World War III”

Word from the Watchtower: A Hard Rain is Going to Fall — Introduction to “The Road Through 2012: Revolution or World War III”

By David DeGraw
AmpedStatus.com

Editor’s Note: The following is the introduction to David DeGraw’s new book, “The Road Through 2012: Revolution or World War III.” We will be publishing it as a seven-part series throughout the next few weeks. To be notified via email of new postings from this series, subscribe here.


“There must be some way out of here…
There’s too much confusion
I can’t get no relief…

Outside in the distance…
Two riders were approaching
The wind began to howl…

So let us not talk falsely now
The hour is getting late…”
Dylan, 21: 6-9

All Along the Watchtower

Years ago I read a quote from a book called “The Evolving Self” which concisely summed up the mission of my life: “To come ever closer to getting a glimpse of the universal order, and of our part in it.”

In a determined effort to fulfill this mission, I have become a highly efficient news analyst. Using cutting-edge technology I developed a system that allows me to analyze thousands of news reports daily. I strategically sift through and condense them into the 200 reports which I surmise to be the most significant. I then take those reports and carefully read through them. Approximately half of them are placed into a database and presented daily on AmpedStatus.com.

After years of honing my skills and the technology involved, looking over statistics from the past year I have read, on average, 600 pages of news per day, six days a week. It’s a torturous and tedious process that takes 10-12 hours per day and barely pays the bills. I don’t do this expecting to make much financial gain from it - if that were the case, given the time I put in I would make more working at Starbucks. I subject myself to this task because I firmly believe that information is power and I see this process as an absolute prerequisite to understanding, and then overcoming, the unprecedented crisis which is just beginning to confront us.

Our current crisis has been steadily developing for several decades now. However, over the past few years its pace has been exponentially accelerating. Last year I felt we passed a tipping point and quickly evolved my method from purely information gathering to reporting and released a commentary entitled, “The Critical Unraveling of U.S. Society,” and then followed it up with a more extensive series of reports which I called “The Economic Elite Vs. The People of the United States.” In all, over the course of the past year, I have written 28 reports and posted over 30,000 news excerpts.

Closely watching tragedy after tragedy unfold throughout the world day after day, week after week, is extremely depressing, to say the least. Having the unfortunate task of consistently being the bearer of bad news is definitely not something that I want to spend the rest of my life doing. The icing on the cake is dealing with people who attack me for reporting the facts and details on just how bad the economy, environment and political situation truly are. I am all too often forced to defend commonsense positions that have consistently been proven to be correct.

Continued. . .