January 25, 2009

Airing out a few grievances

In one of my earlier posts, littlehorn, a dedicated and maybe the only reader of this blog, which I am very grateful for, called me out on a few things. And I am grateful that he/she did that. I don't know what kind of politics/opinions I will show on this blog, I am not yet certain if I am even up to the task of enlightening and educating fellow readers when I still have doubts about my own knowledge and abilities. I am filled with doubts about everything, the future, politics, life, love, friendship, writing, myself, the list goes on and on. This is a site where I want to express those doubts, those disquiet reservations that I have when I put my head on the pillow at night, thinking if I will fall asleep easily. The following response to littlehorn's comments is intended to anyone who reads this blog, which I am still sure is very little or close to non-existent.

Below are littlehorn's comments:
Warner's point about how it will end in tears is correct; but I find the reference to abortions odd. What's that kind of politics doing on this blog :-p

And why didn't you respond last time I mentioned Immortal Technique ? Didn't you ask me to hang around ? Did I do something wrong ?
And here is my response to them, a repost of the same response in this post:
I agree, I do not accept Warner's point on abortion but everybody has their politics and their opinion.

I will try to express a whole range of politics on this blog. I do not endorse or believe wholeheartedly in everything that I write myself or what others write. I may express a sentiment that I have today and express tomorrow a whole new sentiment. This is a learning process for me, and will be until the day I die. The title of my blog is 'disquiet reservations' and I have doubts and despair about every issue, including abortion. I see the pro-life's point of view. I can stand on their side of the fence without losing my conscience.

And you are right. I should be far more appreciate of you and to my readership in general if I have any (lol). And I am aware of Immortal Technique, I have been since 2003. He is currently Hip Hop's revolutionary force and he has great power and potential to be something truly special.

And you did nothing wrong. I did, by not being fully dedicated to my blog posts and the comments left on them. I am still unsure about this undertaking. I don't know what I kind of blog I want to create. I don't want to be a journalist, or a mere blogger, or a writer who post other people's articles. I have views and opinions of my own but I am unsure how to express them genuinely and coherently yet. I want to be an author one day, and see myself as a poet in the making. I'm doing a lot of reading and expanding my philosophy and that is taking up all my time right now, along with school work of course. I don't know what direction to take this blog. I hope you will be patient and see my way through and be there to encourage and offer suggestions.

I am grateful for you, and regard you as a friend. I said in my earlier posts that I only write for one person; myself. But then I took Emerson's advice and now I write for two; me and the unknown friend, whoever and wherever she/he may reside.

In the future, I will respond to all your opinions and comments and I will be very grateful for your further advice.

Thank you littlehorn.